Header

Header

Friday 13 November 2015

About me

How did I get interested in Nafuda?
As the founder of Soto Sabisu I spent two years firstly trying to source a manufacturer in Europe to commission my own Nafudakake and then deciding to manufacture my own.
Not being able to find a supplier, I decided that as a club karate instructor, qualified joiner and student of “Nihongo” (the Japanese language) I was probably as well placed as anyone to fill this “gap” in the market place.
It took me eighteen months to develop a commercial version of the Nafudakake that was ready to bring to the market.
Soto Sabisu is now able to receive commissions for these exclusive, fine pieces of joinery / art, where Eastern tradition meets Western cultures.
Our range has expanded when customers asked if we were able to produce a self inking version of Japanese seal stamps, provide assistance with graphic design for Japanese words and logos and inquired if we could produce a virtual Nafudakake.
In 2017 our range expanded again to include the Modular Curved Nafudakake (MCN) a modern contemporary twist on a classic design.

Paul
Proprietor of Soto Sabisu

Top Tip
If you are accessing this site on your phone you may wish to view the "Web version" and access the menu in the side-bar to navigate. Just scroll down for the link.

1 comment: